Gain an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed to work with children and young people in a school or college, with our part time course for Adults.
Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning
This course covers all aspects of supporting teaching and learning. You will learn how to provide specialist support to children and young people in a range of educational settings.
Topics you will study include:
- Supporting children and young people during learning activities, play, leisure and extra-curricular activities
- Child development
- Special needs support
- Supporting children and young people?s speech, language and communication
- Promoting positive behaviour
- Supporting assessment for learning
- Safeguarding children and young people
- Developing professional relationships
- Health and Safety
- Personal development and reflective practice
Alongside classroom-based learning, you will complete a work placement in an early years setting to gain practical experience and demonstrate your knowledge and skills.