This course combines hands-on learning, academic study and a 45-day work experience placement with a local employer.
In Year One, you study core units covering a range of topics such as:
- Understanding the education and childcare sector from ages 0 to 19
- How to support children and young people’s education
- Child development
- Special educational needs and disability
- Working with parents, carers, families, agencies, and support services
In Year Two, you will be required to choose an occupation specialism from:
- Assisting Teaching
- Early Years Education and Childcare
In your work experience, you will develop transferrable technical and practical skills based on the knowledge gained in College. This gives you opportunity to use your skills in a realistic working environment.